ANCB Organizational Policies
ANCB's Code of Ethics is at the heart of our organizational policies: ANCB requires all Board Certified practitioners to adhere to this code. Other policies include a Code of Conduct Policy, and policies covering Natural Health Legislation and certification exams. Contact our office to find out more.
- First, I will strive to do no harm.
- I will practice the healing power of nature.
- Recognizing that people are physical, mental and spiritual beings, I will treat the whole person.
- Unless properly authorized licensed to do so pursuant to the applicable law for the state in the United States in which I practice, I will not diagnose illness, prescribe drugs or perform surgery.
- I will educate my clients to take full responsibility for their own health, and I will promote the understanding that healing comes from within.
- I will not discriminate against clients or professionals based on race, religion, age, sex, handicaps, national ancestry, sexual orientation or economic conditions.
- I will abide by all state and local laws and will report to the ANCB any criminal convictions regarding myself or regarding any other ANCB certified practitioner of which I have personal knowledge.
- I will not exceed my scope of practice, either in abilities or by law.
- I will strive to be objective in the treatments of clients and performance of duties, recognizing the rights of all persons and my own limitations.
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner with proper respect for each client's dignity; I will not engage in inappropriate relationships or behavior with clients.
- I will pursue education on a continuing basis in order to improve my knowledge and skills as a naturopath.
- I will provide clients with full disclosure regarding the scope of my practice and my training and experience.
- I will keep all information about my clients in strictest confidence, and shall only divulge such information when required by law or when authorized by the client.
- I will not use misleading, deceptive, irresponsible or fraudulent statements or advertising.
© 2007 American Naturopathic Certification Board